Installed Mandrakelinux 10.1 Community yesterday
After looking around, I found the following steps that help me convert
my root file system from ext2 to ext3 (Journaling) File System:
According to http://goats.gnue.org/~dneighbo/notes/jfs.html
1. Determine the location of the parition (i.e. hdXX).
2. Run tune2fs -j /dev/hdaXX (where XX is the partition like hda1)
3. Edit /etc/fstab and change ext2 to ext3 for parition ran tune2fs for in step 2.
4. Run mount -a
5. Run tune2fs -c0 -i0 /dev/hdaXX to turn off system checks.
6. Next reboot will put into effect.
7. After reboot run df -T to verify ext3.
Before going ahead and doing this, I wanted to know if - with respct to Mandrakelinux 10.1 Community:
a. Are the above steps appropriate and complete?
b. Is there anything within Mandrakelinux that does the same conversion to itself?