Linux - Wireless NetworkingThis forum is for the discussion of wireless networking in Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
I use linux-wlan-ng-0.2.1-pre5 to install my netgear ma111 adapter,first i update my kernel from 2.4.20-8 to 2.4.26,
- Build Prism2.x PCMCIA Card Services (_cs) driver? (y/n) [y]: n
- Build Prism2 PLX9052 based PCI (_plx) adapter driver? (y/n) [y]:n
- Build Prism2.5 native PCI (_pci) driver? (y/n) [y]: n
- Build Prism2.5 USB (_usb) driver? (y/n) [y]: y
because it's a USB adapter.
- Linux source directory [/usr/src/linux]:
I change it with /usr/src/linux-2.4.26,where is my kernel source in.
- pcmcia-cs source dir [/usr/src/pcmcia-cs-3.1.29]:
- PCMCIA script directory [/etc/pcmcia]:
- Alternate target install root directory on host :
- Module install directory [/lib/modules/2.2.26]:
- Prefix for build host compiler? (rarely needed) :
- Build for debugging (see doc/config.debug) (y/n) [y]: y
and it's successful!!
#cp /etc/wlan/wlancfg-DEFAULT /etc/wlan/wlancfg-NETGEAR(ESSID)
edit /etc/wlan/wlan.conf and change the SSID_wlan0 line to:
3) edit /etc/wlan/wlancfg-MyHomeNetwork, and make any necessary changes necessary to support my network.
Next,i load the modules,
and it's successful too!
Module Size Used by
prism2_usb 73828 unused
p80211 31440 1 prism2_usb
#wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable
wlanctl-ng:no such device
USB device 3 is not claimed by any active driver
and it can't find the interface wlan
and what can i do now????