Linux - Wireless NetworkingThis forum is for the discussion of wireless networking in Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I use linux-wlan-ng-0.2.1-pre5 to install my netgear ma111 adapter,first i update my kernel from 2.4.20-8 to 2.4.26,
- Build Prism2.x PCMCIA Card Services (_cs) driver? (y/n) [y]: n
- Build Prism2 PLX9052 based PCI (_plx) adapter driver? (y/n) [y]:n
- Build Prism2.5 native PCI (_pci) driver? (y/n) [y]: n
- Build Prism2.5 USB (_usb) driver? (y/n) [y]: y
because it's a USB adapter.
- Linux source directory [/usr/src/linux]:
I change it with /usr/src/linux-2.4.26,where is my kernel source in.
- pcmcia-cs source dir [/usr/src/pcmcia-cs-3.1.29]:
- PCMCIA script directory [/etc/pcmcia]:
- Alternate target install root directory on host :
- Module install directory [/lib/modules/2.2.26]:
- Prefix for build host compiler? (rarely needed) :
- Build for debugging (see doc/config.debug) (y/n) [y]: y
and it's successful!!
#cp /etc/wlan/wlancfg-DEFAULT /etc/wlan/wlancfg-NETGEAR(ESSID)
edit /etc/wlan/wlan.conf and change the SSID_wlan0 line to:
3) edit /etc/wlan/wlancfg-MyHomeNetwork, and make any necessary changes necessary to support my network.
Next,i load the modules,
and it's successful too!
Module Size Used by
prism2_usb 73828 unused
p80211 31440 1 prism2_usb
#wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable
wlanctl-ng:no such device
USB device 3 is not claimed by any active driver
and it can't find the interface wlan
and what can i do now????