MSDOS, Samba, Printing
I got serious problem with network printing:
- I have to set up Red Hat 9.0 to be a file / print server for a network of several PCs.
- File shering and printing from localhost and from Windows apps works OK.
- BUT: There is an MSDOS accounting application in use (called TO-FI).
- To-Fi is printing to a printer (HP5652) connected to server:
"net use lpt1 \\SERVER\HP5652"
- To-Fi uses some sort of control strings while printing (for example to change font, set it bold, etc) that works when printing to the same printer connected to (remote) Windows 2000 mashine, but when conected to Linux, those strings apear on page, and no formating is done.
I use CUPS.
Thanks a lot for any suggestions!