Hi, I'd like to put my maps I do in the geography course onto my computer, but I have no idea of what software I should use.
I need :
- A blank map of the world builtin or quickly accessible
- To be able to fill a country with a specific color, have a legend, etc.
- Draw arrows (curved or not if possible), plot cities, etc.
- If possible, a City database, so it's easier to add something
- To plot bezier-like curves, if a certain part of a country should be of a different colour.
I tried QGIS http://qgis.org/
but it seems quite difficult to use.
I also found : http://karto.free.fr/liens.html
but I don't know which one I should use.
P.S. : Please, only GTK
I'll use QT programs if I really need to, but I prefer to keep my xfce environment as light as possible