Linux - ServerThis forum is for the discussion of Linux Software used in a server related context.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I've turned up nothing in the webalizer docs and in a Google search.
I just checked my Webalizer analysis of my Apache2 logs last night. The logs went up to August 31st (now October 11th) and stopped there. I checked over the webalizer config, apache logs, etc. and everything seems right. When I try running webalizer from the command line, it runs, but ends with something saying that all records were ignored, i.e. 7068 records (7068 ignored). I also tried running with the -i option, but got the same thing.
As far as I can tell, my apache logs are in standard combined format, and I haven't changed the format in many months.
I'm running webalizer 2.01 installed from RPM on an openSuSE 10.2 box. Apache is 2.2.3 with all logs going to /var/log/apache2/access_log which is automatically rotated to tar/gzip archives.
My webalizer.conf (minus comments and whitespace) is:
I've found this to be quite strange, but as far as I can tell, there is no log file generated by webalizer.
The Apache log files are there, and quite full.
If I run webalizer from the command line with flags i (ignore history) and d (debug output) on /var/log/apache2/access_log, I get a whole bunch of DNS query stuff and some messages. Removing the DNS query info leaves:
Webalizer V2.01-10 (Linux 184.108.40.206-34-default) English
Using logfile /var/log/apache2/access_log (clf)
51 addresses in 553.00 seconds
Using DNS cache file dns_cache.db
Creating output in /srv/www/htdocs/admin/webalizer
Hostname for reports is 'WEB1'
Ignoring previous history...
9454 records (9454 ignored) in 134.50 seconds, 70/sec
Last edited by jantman; 10-12-2007 at 10:47 AM.