Samba does not control client-side password caching.
Caching of domain logon credentials is a client-side activity. There are
registry settings on the Windows 2000 Professional and Windows XP Profesional
clients that control logon credential caching.
- Click Start >Run >type gpedit.msc
- Check Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local
- Check "Interactive Logon: Number of Previous Logins To Cache" (if value is
set to 0 then cached credentials is disabled)
- Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon
- Check "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" (make sure
that this is either not configured or disabled)
If you are however using winbind, you may also want to turn off winbind offline logon by adding to your smb.conf:
winbind offline logon = false
Last edited by chitambira; 04-23-2009 at 09:34 AM.