Password change with OpenLDAP 2.4.11
I've got ldap and samba running on an ubuntu box. I followed a couple different guides and there seems to be some overlap and it has me a bit confused.
It's OpenLDAP 2.4.11.
I notice that my cn=admin... password is stored in:
- I want to change the ldap password...
- Should the password be stored in the files above?
- What is the point of storing the password in /etc/ldapscripts/ldapscripts.passwd?
- How do I change/update the password for ldap?
- Do I modify the /etc/ldap.secret file myself, or dpkg-reconfigure, or something else?
I know that after I do that, I need to let samba know about this password change via:
sudo smbpasswd -W
Setting stored password for "cn=admin,dc=collins" in secrets.tdb
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
Am I missing something? I notice that the rootpw is not set in the /etc/ldap.conf file.
Anyway, thanks for any tips you can provide.