I have that wireless device:
06:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR242x 802.11abg Wireless PCI Express Adapter (rev 01)
I know there's several threads on getting it working on madwifi, and ndiswrapper, etc... I've got it working w/ Madwifi using a patch I downloaded.. Here's some helpful links.. but the main problem, seems to be the misdetection of the device... Seems the 242x device, is actually an AR5007 chipset.
Here's the thread I used to get it working w/ madwifi, the files are no longer hosted by the guy who wrote the original post, but if you need them, PM me or send me an email, and I'll rapidshare them to you.
This guy got it working w/o patching madwifi, like was done in the above link(his instructions didn't work for me, but they seemed to have help a lot of people)..