Thanks for the reply fang, you put me on the road to resolution.
I found that my problem was a few files needed to be tidyed up as they contained a lot of irrelevant links.
I checked through all of the below files on both servers to make sure they married up.
I also needed to restart my nfs daemon - /etc/init.d/nfs start
After playing around with them they mounted fine and everything is working as it should be.
I also managed to get the Samba working by going back through the conf file and realising i had a filesystem mounted slightly different to the original storage server so a few tweaks there and it enabled me to view the files via Windows.
Thanks again for your reply,
A Happy Newbie.