Thanks so much for the reply. It was helpful and I did get the box updated. Here's what I did:
1. Downloaded the tzdata2007c.tar.gz file from /pub/ at elsie.nci.nih.gov.
2. Extracted the tar.gz file:
tar -xvf tzdata2007c.tar
3. Used zic to create the new zoneinfo file:
3. Typed zdump -v CST6CDT | grep 2007 to confirm that the DST patch had been applied. Results:
CST6CDT Sun Mar 11 07:59:59 2007 UTC = Sun Mar 11 01:59:59 2007 CST isdst=0 gmtoff=-21600
CST6CDT Sun Mar 11 08:00:00 2007 UTC = Sun Mar 11 03:00:00 2007 CDT isdst=1 gmtoff=-18000
CST6CDT Sun Nov 4 06:59:59 2007 UTC = Sun Nov 4 01:59:59 2007 CDT isdst=1 gmtoff=-18000
CST6CDT Sun Nov 4 07:00:00 2007 UTC = Sun Nov 4 01:00:00 2007 CST isdst=0 gmtoff=-21600
Now if I can figure out how to move everything off that RH9 box to a new FC6 box...
Originally Posted by tuxrules
There's this excellent thread
that may help you. It is primarily for Slackware but you can get some good hints from it.