Can't bootup from harddisk
I just installed a RedHat Linux 7.3 on my PC. There is a windows 2000 there already. My problem is that after I installed the linux I can only see the W2K on the startup screen. The only way for me to bootup Linux is through the Linux bootup disk. I tried the following steps:
1. Startup linux by floppy.
2. Use dd if=/dev/hda7 of=/bootsect.lnx bs=512 count=1 to create bootsect.lnx.
3. Copy bootsect.lnx to another floppy.
4. Bootup to W2k.
5. Copy bootsect.lnx from floppy to c:\
6. Modifed boot.ini to add c:\bootsect.ini="Linux"
7. Restart. When I select Linux in the bootup screen. It still can't boot up linux. It only shows a blank screen there.
Can anybody help?