NIS client: user authentication failure
I am in the process of adding a machine to our network, and I want it to use NIS just as the other machines do. NIS users can log into the other machines without a problem, so I know the problem is in the setup of the new machine. I followed the following steps.
1. domainname <nisdomain>
2. added the line "domain <nisdomain> server <nisserver>"
3. configured /etc/nsswitch.conf with the following
passwd: nis files nisplus
shadow: files nisplus
group: nis files nisplus
hosts: files nisplus dns
bootparams: nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
protocols: files nisplus
services: files nisplus
netgroup: files nisplus
automount: files nisplus
aliases: files nisplus
4. Started bind with /etc/init.d/ypbind start
5. ypwhich -m (didn't return any errors)
6. getent passwd (returns ALL the NIS users and local users).
But I can't login.
What have I left out. I restarted ypbind and xinetd with no success.