Originally Posted by GVaughn
I fiddled with the iptables entries and it started working after I removed the values from the entry ":INPUT ACCEPT [35:2840]" (changed it to ":INPUT ACCEPT [0:0]" - I did the same for the OUTPUT ACCEPT entry.
You must have done something else too, as the only thing those changes did is set the packet and byte counters to zero. That would only affect you if you had reached the limit on some sort of quota rules. BTW, I know it's a tough habit to break, but you should really try to abstain from manually editing your iptables configuration file - use an iptables script instead (and let iptables-save
be the only one to mess with the config). It is a much less error-prone approach IMHO. Anyhow, it's just a suggestion.