Linux - NetworkingThis forum is for any issue related to networks or networking.
Routing, network cards, OSI, etc. Anything is fair game.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
SDN 101: An Introduction to Software Defined Networking
Discover the advantages of SDN.
SDN has quickly become one of the hottest trends in IT. But not all SDN solutions offer real software-defined functionality. As more enterprises consider SDN, they want to know, “What is SDN? And what are the real benefits?” If you're ready to explore the advantages of SDN, and want to know how it should be implemented within your enterprise, start by reading our introductory white paper.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I just installed Ubuntu Server on a box I had sitting around.
After installing it, I configured the network interfaces and DNSs (both manually, of course). There are 3 adapters in it: 2 onboard gigabit ones and an old Intel 10/100 card. They all get recognized and they all can access the local network, as well as be accessed by computers on the local network.
The problem comes when I try and ping Google, for example. It does resolve, but nothing comes back. No errors. No response. Not even "destination unreachable"!
One symptom to note, it seemed to like to reload Samba every few minutes. I removed Samba. No change.
Also, when I run "dhclient eth<some adapter number>", it works on that adapter, even after reboot. I want it to be a static address, like all web servers should be.