This has been asked many times before. But anyway...:
Make sure you have the kernel-devel
Download the NVidia driver here:
1. Boot up your system.
2. Press Ctrl-Alt-F3
3. Log in as root.
4. Type: init 3
and press enter
=> for some reason it might hang here, if it does, redo step 2(=pressing Ctrl-Alt-F3) and 4 again (now it will work and close X).
5. cd to your NVidia driver package.
6. Type: sh NVIDIA-Linux-*.run
and follow the instructions(=press 2 times enter).
7. Type vi /etc/X11/xorg.conf
and press enter.
8. Press Insert
(this will bring you in edit mode).
9. Look for the section "Module", remove load "dri"
and load "GLcore"
if they exist. Next add Load "glx"
if it doesn't exist.
10. Look for the section "Device" and replace Driver "nv"
(or Driver "vesa") with Driver "nvidia"
11. Press Esc
(this will close edit mode).
12. Type: :wq!
(in one command with the ":"!) and press enter.
13. Type: modprobe nvidia
Reboot and have fun.
14=optional: post back if you have a problem.