IT WORKS! IT WORKS! IT WORKS!!!
I've successfully booted into my LFS system....a couple of problems during the bootup (wrong grub kernel commands...) and now its all working...theres a couple more errors to iron out that happen during the bootup process, but otherwise its all sweet
Total space used: 393meg. I'm currently trying to cut that down
(just for some fun
EDIT: After reading the final part of the book (ok, i got excited after it booted and forgot to read the rest
) and i remove all the debugging symbols which recovered me 90 meg...then i remove the static dir....
I'm now down to 205meg...
Lets see if i can lose some more off it