LFS7.2, problem when chapter 6.10: adjusting the toolchain, can not change gcc specs
Linux From ScratchThis Forum is for the discussion of LFS.
LFS is a project that provides you with the steps necessary to build your own custom Linux system.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
IIRC there is nothing in the book on running gcc -dumpspec twice to verify, do the other tests to verify the toolchain. if they are not correct then there is a problem, but if the tests works then there is no problem and correct specs are used.
Oh, I see, thanks. Here is the reason why I ask this question:
it is not correct:
attempt to open /tools/lib/libc.so.6 succeeded
I'm a newbie here. druuna knows much more than me, but this looks like "/tools" wasn't removed from your search path. So, I'd say that the changes to dumpspecs failed.
I had a similar problem. What worked for me was to break it down into pieces. I did a gcc -dumpspecs > specs.org before the sed. Then I did another gcc -dumpspecs and piped that through the first sed, and sent that to sed.out. Then the second sed on sed.out > sed2.out. Then the third sed on sed2.out > sed3.out. Then copied sed3.out into the specs file.
After each step I diffed the output against the original specs file (specs.orig) to see if there were any changes and if the changes made sense.
If they all do, then look at gcc --print-libgcc-filename, and make sure that makes sense as well, although I can't imagine how anything would work if that was wrong.