LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Linux Deepin
User Name
Password
Linux Deepin This forum is for the discussion of Linux Deepin.

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
larry42860
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Aug 2012
Posts: 6

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Evolution calendar integration?


I'm wondering if it's possible to use the calendar applet in the ubuntu version of gnome-shell so I could have the evolution calendar integration in the panel?
 
Old 08-20-2012, 04:01 AM   #2
tuhaihe
LDteam
 
Registered: Aug 2012
Location: Wuhan, China
Distribution: LinuxDeepin
Posts: 5

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
@larry42860, Ubuntu's calendar applet doesn't work well in GNOME Shell environment.
You can search one gnome-shell extension at http://extensions.gnome.org .

Good luck.
 
Old 08-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
larry42860
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Aug 2012
Posts: 6

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuhaihe View Post
@larry42860, Ubuntu's calendar applet doesn't work well in GNOME Shell environment.
You can search one gnome-shell extension at http://extensions.gnome.org .

Good luck.
Thanks for the quick reply.

I used Ubuntu 12.04 with gnome-shell and the Evolution calender integrated with the calendar applet that is included in the top panel so I could see appointments to the right of the calendar. I never had any problems with the calendar. I'm just wondering what was changed in the Deepin version of gnome-shell to remove it. I'd like to tweak my install to bring it back.

The other problem I have is that maximized applications beneath the panel make it difficult to see the panel icons since the panel is transparent. Other than these two issues, I think the Deepin version of gnome-shell is a work of art.
 
Old 08-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
tuhaihe
LDteam
 
Registered: Aug 2012
Location: Wuhan, China
Distribution: LinuxDeepin
Posts: 5

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry42860 View Post
I used Ubuntu 12.04 with gnome-shell and the Evolution calender integrated with the calendar applet that is included in the top panel so I could see appointments to the right of the calendar. I never had any problems with the calendar. I'm just wondering what was changed in the Deepin version of gnome-shell to remove it. I'd like to tweak my install to bring it back.

Ok. You can replace the calendar.js file under /usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/ dir with the native gnome-shell calendar.js file in the same place. That may be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry42860 View Post
The other problem I have is that maximized applications beneath the panel make it difficult to see the panel icons since the panel is transparent. Other than these two issues, I think the Deepin version of gnome-shell is a work of art.
Just press Alt+F2 and input "r"(without quotes) to try reloading the GNOME Shell.

Lastly, thanks for your feedback.
 
Old 08-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
larry42860
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Aug 2012
Posts: 6

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuhaihe View Post
Ok. You can replace the calendar.js file under /usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/ dir with the native gnome-shell calendar.js file in the same place. That may be ok.



Just press Alt+F2 and input "r"(without quotes) to try reloading the GNOME Shell.

Lastly, thanks for your feedback.
I used software to compare the calendar.js file in LD with Ubuntu running gnome-shell and evolution. They were exactly the same. I did learn, however, that the dateMenu.js file controls this. It is located under /usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui directory. I simply removed the two forward slashes to uncomment the line below. I can barely see the appointments because they are in black text on the black background but they are there. The button to open the calendar works and the very tip of the larger letters is white. I'm looking at the gnome-shell.css file in /usr/share/gnome-shell/theme directory tp see if I can fix this.

// Fill up the second column
vbox = new St.BoxLayout({name: 'calendarEventsArea',
vertical: true});

// hbox.add(vbox, { expand: true });

// Event list
vbox.add(this._eventList.actor, { expand: true });


Thanks again for you help. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

Last edited by larry42860; 08-21-2012 at 10:30 PM.
 
Old 08-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #6
tuhaihe
LDteam
 
Registered: Aug 2012
Location: Wuhan, China
Distribution: LinuxDeepin
Posts: 5

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry42860 View Post

// hbox.add(vbox, { expand: true });
That's it.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Evolution 2.22.1 and Google Calendar netjack Linux - Software 1 05-05-2008 10:55 AM
Evolution calendar reminder hunnemad Linux - Software 0 04-24-2008 07:09 AM
Sharing Evolution Calendar SteveT Linux - Software 1 08-18-2006 07:57 PM
Evolution Publish Calendar starcrawl Linux - Software 0 12-12-2005 12:46 PM
evolution calendar slowdown philosophe Linux - Software 3 04-02-2005 05:17 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 AM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration