GeneralThis forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
There is an initiative trying to convince blizzard to build a linux dist. of world of warcraft game. A total of 20000 signatures are needed, and already 15000 people have signed. If you want wow dist. to linux please sign the petition.
You obviously misunderstood what the issue was. Also, since it's spelled out painfully clear on the page, it's obvious you didn't even take the time to investigate matters before you made up your mind and formed an opinion, which thus can solely be based on presumptions.
Originally posted by mortema
There is an initiative trying to convince blizzard to build a linux dist...
A linux distro is what that says, not "There's an initiative trying to convice blizzard to port WoW to Linux".
No, I did not check out the link because, like I said I would never run a distro by Blizzard.
dis·tri·bu·tion (dĭs'tr-byū'shn) pronunciation
1. The act of distributing or the condition of being distributed; apportionment.
2. Something distributed; an allotment.
3. The act of dispersing or the condition of being dispersed; diffusion.
1. The geographic occurrence or range of an organism.
2. The geographic occurrence or range of a custom, usage, or other feature.
5. Division into categories; classification.
6. The process of marketing and supplying goods, especially to retailers.
7. A spatial or temporal array of objects or events: the distribution of theaters on Broadway.
8. Law. The division of an estate or property among rightful heirs.
9. Statistics. A set of numbers and their frequency of occurrence collected from measurements over a statistical population.
10. Mathematics. A generalized function used in the study of partial differential equations.
I guess I'm confused because the wrong word was used, but I'm not trying to start a flame war.
WoW was enjoyable, so I'm sure WoW players who like linux would like to see this post and not see our ranting and raving.
I signed it, but has anyone from Blizzard said they would actually do it if they got 20,000 signatures? Because I imagine it would be a LOT of work for them. Not only in the coding but in the customer support and things of that nature, and thats only going to be amplified by the fact that they are constantly adding to the game. Just seems a bit unlikely they will do it to me.
I want to sign the petition, but I'm not rejoicing about the fact that the phone number must be given. Is this actually an official Blizzard petition? It doesn't seem like it. Seems more like a Blizzard fansite.