journaling - lost of information
i am losting information in my destop fc9 and i would appreciate some help from you.
what happenend was as follows:
1. i installed an old HD IDE, which was formmated as ext3
2. fc9 didnt recognize it properly an d when booting it falls into a "grub" promp
3. i observed that it was trying to boot from a wrong partition, so i execute root and setup grub commands in order to select the boot partition
4. fc9 tried to boot, but anyway asked again for the partition which i reconfirmed in booting time.
5. Finally it started and after de login, it warned about the system date. I got a warning message to change the system date in order not to have problems
6. I updated the system hour and date and started doing some process over the new disk (the 3rd HD). The process was a copy of a big directory (cp -frvu ..) from 2ndHD to 3rdHD (a backup). Thr 3rdHD was growing a lot so i decide to stop the copy process, to remove the 3rdHD an to restart the copy.
7 at that moment i saw that the big directory in the 2nd disk had the information as it was 15 days ago.
so i wonder what was going on,
a journaling problem ?
considering that i have not modified my 2ndHD, does exist a possible recovery process?
my file system is a VolGroup00.
thanks in advance