FC3 On HP ZE4800 Pavilion Laptop
finally got it installed. it took 3 tries but this time it worked, heres what i did:
1. used partition magic pro to shorten xp's partition
2. while still in xp, pressed the button to turn off wireless adapter (there is no way to do this in bios, but just turning it off via the button is ok it will stay off untill re-enabled)
3. boot from fc3 disk and followed prompts
4. after install rebooted a couple of times to make sure initialization finished
5. back in windows xp and re enabled wireless card, rebooted to linux and no freezing!
havent tried to config wireless adapter yet, but im on the wired lan now and it works
so far FC3 seems to be a nice improvement over redhat 9
before fc3 i tried mandrake 10.1 the same way and ran install with no errors but upon 1st boot i got 5 lines of text and after initializing ACPI it would lock dead in its tracks with no explanation
Last edited by AshTray900; 11-19-2005 at 10:22 PM.