FedoraThis forum is for the discussion of the Fedora Project.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I am having trouble with the DNS for fedora core 1. I am new to linux and I am begining to realize that the learning curve for it is steep but I am not going to give up. I decided to use Fedora as I heard it very good for the newbie. The problam I am having is this, I use adsl connection (device ppp0) to get on the net. It actavites normally (I am assuming it is as I know nothing) and when I open up terminal I can ping IP address and the gateway server for my ISP. But when I try to open up mozilla I get a error saying that the path is not found. If I put, say googles IP address in mozilla it loads up. This would lead me to believe that it is having trouble reslove domain names. I have looked around for a solution to this but I can't find anything and the stuff I do find doesn't seem to relate to me.
I was told by a freind that I may have to edit my /etc/hosts file or something along that lines. I have no idea what I would have to change in that file.
Yea I just figured that out.. haha.. Thank you very much though. I went to my ISP website and it turns out that they upgraded the DNS server so the ips that I was using were the wrong ones. Teach me not to read the updates.