10-08-2010, 02:57 AM
Registered: Jun 2009
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Distribution: Calculate Linux
Calculate Linux Desktop 10.9 released
release date: October 8, 2010
After five months of development released the new version of the distributive Calculate Linux Desktop 10.9. There are three ISO images for download with desktops KDE (CLD), GNOME (CLDG) and XFCE (CLDX).
- New installer cl-install with graphical front-end cl-install-gui.
- Migrate to the new format of templates by Calculate 2.2 utilities that allows to selectively modify the config files of supported types.
- Support for custom templates with the extension '.clt', located in the directory with configuration files.
- Auto-tuning the configuration files of new versions of packages in the installation process with the possibility of AutoCorrect.
- Setting up custom applications while working in a graphical session during the installation packages.
- Added support of domain users outside the network.
- Reduced power consumption.
- Use SHA256 for storing passwords.
- Support for installation in several sections showing the different file systems.
- Support for adding users during the installation.
- Support for "back" to clean Gentoo-system, and install additional capacity to Calculate Linux Gentoo-compatible system.
- Instead of the path /usr/calculate/share for the resources now used /var/calculate.
- As a browser now uses Chromium.
- Added all versions of Skype desktops.
- Added FTP client FileZilla for CLDG/CLDX.
- Added a twitter-client Choqok for KDE and Pino for Gnome/XFCE version.
- As a torrent-client in Gnome/XFCE is now using Deluge.
- Instead of Slim in CLDX used the login manager GDM.
- Added support for the Bulgarian language.
- CLD (KDE desktop):
KDE 4.4.5, Amarok 2.3.1, digiKam 1.2.0, Chromium 6.0.472.59, Kernel 220.127.116.11, OpenOffice 3.2.1, X.Org 7.4
i686 - 1.72 GB, x86_64 - 1.88 GB
- CLDG (Gnome desktop):
Gnome 2.30, Gimp 2.6.8, Chromium 6.0.472.59, Kernel 18.104.22.168, OpenOffice 3.2.1, X.Org 7.4
i686 - 1.43 GB, x86_64 - 1.57 GB
- CLDX (Xfce desktop):
XFCE 4.6.2, Gimp 2.6.8, Kernel 22.214.171.124, Chromium 6.0.472.59, OpenOffice 3.2.1, X.Org 7.4
i686 - 1.21 GB, x86_64 - 1.36 GB
Use two methods to upgrade a previous version of Calculate Linux Desktop:
- After download the ISO image in the directory /var/calculate/linux, install the calculate-install and launch cl-install -d /dev/sdaX, indicating the partition to install. In this case, the installation will take 3-5 minutes, most plants will be transferred.
- Upgrade packages by emerge utility. At the end launch cl-install --live.
Project Site: http://www.calculate-linux.org
Last edited by Lautre; 10-08-2010 at 04:57 AM.