LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Ubuntu
User Name
Password
Ubuntu This forum is for the discussion of Ubuntu Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2022, 09:31 PM   #1
Jofto

Rep: Reputation: 0
Am I at the right place?

Tries LXLE yesterday and found it is very good, I mean good for me.
I need help. Tried to register to LXLE forum. They asked me for the reason registering at LXLE forum. My answer was: Learn Linux. I was denied. I do not know whether I am allowed to ask questions about LXLE here ?

Old 12-15-2022, 09:37 PM   #2
shortarcflyer

Distribution: Void, ArchBang, PCLinuxOS, Mabox, ArcoLinux, Archman, RebornOS

Rep: Reputation: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofto View Post
Tries LXLE yesterday and found it is very good, I mean good for me.
I need help. Tried to register to LXLE forum. They asked me for the reason registering at LXLE forum. My answer was: Learn Linux. I was denied. I do not know whether I am allowed to ask questions about LXLE here ?
On the LXLE forum you should have used the reason "I am a LXLE user" for the reason for wanting to join their forum. Try again with that statement and see if it works. Good luck!

Old 12-15-2022, 10:08 PM   #3
Jofto

Original Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortarcflyer View Post
On the LXLE forum you should have used the reason "I am a LXLE user" for the reason for wanting to join their forum. Try again with that statement and see if it works. Good luck!
Thank you.
Appreciate the guidance you have given. I'll try.

Old 12-15-2022, 10:27 PM   #4
Jofto

Original Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortarcflyer View Post
Tried again to register at LXLE forum. Denied again.

Old 12-15-2022, 10:33 PM   #5
Jofto

Original Poster
Does Ubuntu have a sub-forum for LXLE users?

New to Linux. Tried Puppy. Could not use it because it does go to the websites I want to go everyday. LXLE goes everywhere. I want to use LXLE and need a few answers to my questions regarding to running the OS. AM I permitted to address these question here?
Thanks.

Old 12-16-2022, 03:35 AM   #6
Turbocapitalist
LQ Guru

Distribution: Linux Mint, Devuan, OpenBSD

Rep: Reputation: 3723Reputation: 3723Reputation: 3723Reputation: 3723Reputation: 3723Reputation: 3723Reputation: 3723Reputation: 3723Reputation: 3723Reputation: 3723Reputation: 3723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofto View Post
New to Linux. Tried Puppy. Could not use it because it does go to the websites I want to go everyday. LXLE goes everywhere. I want to use LXLE and need a few answers to my questions regarding to running the OS. AM I permitted to address these question here?
Thanks.
Yes, welcome to this forum at least.

What are your goals with LXLE? The browsers, unfortunately, are going to be mostly the same across most distros. Those are where the bloat is these days. Running just a window manager instead of a full desktop environment on top of your window manager will save a bit, too, but again the browser are pigs and that is not helped by the web sites now starting to serve up web "apps" instead of actual web pages.