LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Red Hat
User Name
Password
Red Hat This forum is for the discussion of Red Hat Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2018, 11:43 PM   #1
susovanghosh1990
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Redhat mouse not moving properly

I am susovan ghosh.My laptop model name is LENOVO Z560 and my operating system name is LINUX REDHAT 6.4.

The os properly installed but mouse pointer not working properly.It react after around 15 sec.

Give me proper solution to fix it this problem.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:44 AM   #2
ferrari
LQ Guru

Distribution: openSUSE Leap

Rep: Reputation: 1140Reputation: 1140Reputation: 1140Reputation: 1140Reputation: 1140Reputation: 1140Reputation: 1140Reputation: 1140Reputation: 1140
More pertinent hardware information would be useful, otherwise we can only speculate.

This command can help with that...
Code:
cat /proc/bus/input/devices
If 'hwinfo' is installed, that can also be used to provide relevant input device information
https://www.2daygeek.com/hwinfo-chec...mation-linux/#
Code:
hwinfo --mouse
It may be a graphics-related issue, so hardware and driver details may be of interest here.
Code:
/sbin/lspci -nnk|grep '\[03' -A2

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:57 AM   #3
TB0ne
LQ Guru

Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS

Rep: Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965
Quote:
Originally Posted by susovanghosh1990 View Post
I am susovan ghosh.My laptop model name is LENOVO Z560 and my operating system name is LINUX REDHAT 6.4.
The os properly installed but mouse pointer not working properly.It react after around 15 sec. Give me proper solution to fix it this problem.
And aside from the good advice ferrari gave you, it's best not to demand a solution by saying "Give me proper solution". Further, you're using RHEL 6.4, and there are inherent problems with that, because:
  • THat's OLD...latest is 7.3, so why didn't you load that?
  • RHEL is **NOT** designed for laptops, but servers. Servers that typically don't have mice/keyboards/screens/bluetooth/wifi/etc. The 'consumer devices' found on laptops. Support for such things can be spotty.
  • RHEL should NOT be used unless you're paying for it...are you?? If so, call RHEL support, and demand that THEY give you the 'proper solution'. Unless you pay for RHEL, you WILL NOT get patches/bugfixes/security updates, nor will you be able to easily install new software, since you don't get access to the online repositories. Not paying? Load CentOS instead, which is identical, but FREE.
  • WHY are you using RHEL??? What is the specific need for RHEL? Because Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, openSUSE, or Mint are all much better choices for a laptop. You can do 99% of the exact same things with them that you do with RHEL, except for some VERY specific high-end features. Which, you don't have anyway, since you're running on a laptop.

1 members found this post helpful.