LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Other *NIX Forums > Solaris / OpenSolaris
User Name
Password
Solaris / OpenSolaris This forum is for the discussion of Solaris, OpenSolaris, OpenIndiana, and illumos.
General Sun, SunOS and Sparc related questions also go here. Any Solaris fork or distribution is welcome.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2018, 10:13 PM   #1
austinramsay

Rep: Reputation: 31
Sun Ray 3i slow performance?

Hey there,

Just setup a new in box Sun Ray 3i with an sparc T3-1 server on Solaris 11.3 as my host. It seems pretty responsive navigating through the gnome menus but using firefox and other apps it seems quite laggy. Even terminal has a hard time scrolling with a lot of output. My serial connection terminal actually scrolls faster than the Sun Ray can.. One problem might be that I cannot download the latest Sun Ray operating system (firmware) from Oracle without a premier support account, and I can't download the latest Sun Ray server software (I am using 5.4.0.0 right now, the only thing available from Oracle's e-delivery cloud platform). However, I can't do anything about that so I'm stuck on the original Sun Ray operating system (11.0) it came out of the box with. Is there anything I can do to help it out at all? It seems like the graphics need acceleration somehow and I have no idea where to start.

The optimization section of the admin guide specified to add these lines to the /etc/system file which I have already done:

set hires_tick=1
set mac:mac_cpu_binding_on=0

Old 08-09-2018, 08:59 AM   #2
kebabbert

Rep: Reputation: 46
SunRay software will not work in Solaris 11.4. I know it works on Linux though.
I did download some older upgrades of the client firmware. I hope the firmwares are still downloadable?