LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General
User Name
Password
General This forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2024, 01:41 AM   #1
des_a

Rep: Reputation: 36
Can You Help Me With Services for My Disabillity: DD Doesn't Work, Probably Won't Qualify, and I"m Unique?

Can someone help me meet my unique needs so I can go on with life again and continue as before or anything? If there's a way, if you think you can help, I will give you my town, address and phone number. I don't know who else to have help from without asking here too. It does say it's a general discussion of both Linux and Non-Linux topics. While I would LOVE to discuss more Linux topics, the fact remains, I need to take care of some things too.

Long story short, I have Autism and can't yet follow a routine. I want to. That's why I have my system with computers anyway. I was working on shortening a routine, now that I got one that should work. Anyway, now my work on that is cut short, and I can't even work on that.

First of all, one of those who was helping me work on that is not able to help anymore. Second, the person helping me clean can't do it anymore.

How am I unique? I very clearly have both vocational and home needs, where as most people, have one or the other. They either just need a job, or they don't even care to do it. I am designed to help others, but can't do what I'm designed to do, because I have home needs that need to be met first.

We can't meet the needs from the state or anything, because first of all, I "don't qualify", due to "being too high functioning", for DD services, and plus, they messed me up when they lied to the state about me to get me what they were assuming was help, which wasn't, because of being too high functioning. So probably without some major lawsuits and everything it would always be impossible to get it.

But second, would it do me any good? Not with what they provide. The things that might help, makes vocational things blocked. If I even tried to go down that path, I'd be in the same boat I was before where I was very unhappy, at least after awhile, and soon the only way you can keep me safe is to restrain both hands and feet, feed me by someone forcing it down, but not letting my hands and feet free, and the same with water. And they would just have to indefinately keep me that way. I just realized toilet, but they would probably have to let me just poop myself and never go to the toilet, to keep me safe. That's due to depression, which cannot be solved without being to meet my vocational goals. It's easy enough to fix it though, if you meet those goals. I have some depression issues, otherwise, but it's amplified by infinity at least in that situation where they blocked it that greatly.

If we can just restore what I had before, that will significatntly help, because at least I can just continue to work on things, resotre some progress toward vocational goals and I'm not the worst. It's looking like last week when there was no issues would be far prefferable and my depression wasn't as deep then. I have tried to kill myself at last 4 times yesterday and today, each from depression.

Please see what you can do to help. I would like to work on Linux issues and stuff, but I can't even do that now. Fortunately things work this much, because if they didn't, I'd be in more serious trouble, if that was in addition, which I'm pretty bad now. Thanks!

Old 02-03-2024, 10:14 AM   #2
rokytnji
LQ Veteran

Distribution: antiX 23, MX 23

Rep: Reputation: 3474Reputation: 3474Reputation: 3474Reputation: 3474Reputation: 3474Reputation: 3474Reputation: 3474Reputation: 3474Reputation: 3474Reputation: 3474Reputation: 3474
Coming from a small town. With no state govt disability services .

Quote:
Does Texas have a disability program?
No, Texas doesn't have its own state disability program. Only five states have a state program (California, Hawaii, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island). Residents of Texas can apply for federal disability programs (SSDI and SSI). Read more about SSDI and SSI here.
e

The low income spanish neighbors I have use extended family a lot for issues like yours. The federal suggestion out here requires one way trips from home of 100 miles or more. Pretty much ignored by the local population out here.

Instead. They go to the senior center, library, out here and the town supports them that way with acquaintances and friends of the family.
Guess you will have interact more is all I can figure. Slang term down here is " Buck Up "

My oldest grandson suffers from autism also. I am his tech support as far as linux goes.
https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...ml#post5648944

But I am not the sharpest pencil in a linux cup. He is doing better now .

Old 02-03-2024, 10:31 AM   #3
business_kid
LQ Guru

Distribution: Slackware, Slarm64 & Android

Rep: Reputation: 2322Reputation: 2322Reputation: 2322Reputation: 2322Reputation: 2322Reputation: 2322Reputation: 2322Reputation: 2322Reputation: 2322Reputation: 2322Reputation: 2322
Hi des_a, I'm a stroke victim, with epilepsy, so I count as handicapped.

I tried to follow your long post, but you got too much off your chest. LQ is linux forums helping people with linux issues. What's your linux problem? We have no idea at all where in the world you live. I'm probably ½way around the world from you.

I had the impression autistic people had great concentration, were insensitive in social situations and so might offend without meaning to. What you describe is very different, and I get the impression autism isn't the only diagnosis you have.

Post no more than about 12 lines, and use short sentences in future. You may find it helpful to make a short list 2-3 points you want to make. Read over your message before posting. Don't try to say everything - nobody will understand. For instance, I check that the meaning of pronouns (he, she, it, this, that, etc)are perfectly clear. Feel free to send me a private message if you like. Say what help you need if any.

Last edited by business_kid; 02-03-2024 at 10:32 AM.

Old 02-05-2024, 01:54 AM   #4
des_a

Original Poster

I'll get my Mom's help trying to clear up communication tommorrow. It took awhile before I could get her help. Yes there are linux problems, if I want to follow a routine, but this one wasn't. I know, it's probably not common to post here for this, I may be the first, but I looked for the right section, and I thought it still met those general guidelines. I'll try to clear up communication tommorrow.

Old 02-05-2024, 06:13 AM   #5
mjolnir

Rep: Reputation: 99
Please contact someone versed in these subjects. As much as the people on this forum, including myself, want to help, you need more immediate intervention.
"If you or someone you know is in crisis
Call or text the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline at 988 (para ayuda en español, llame al 988). The Lifeline provides 24-hour, confidential support to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Call 911 in life-threatening situations. If you are worried about a friend’s social media updates, you can contact safety teams at the social media company . They will reach out to connect the person with the help they need."

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topi...ide-prevention
https://www.iasp.info/suicidalthoughts/

Old 02-05-2024, 12:16 PM   #6
rtmistler

Distribution: MINT Debian, Angstrom, SUSE, Ubuntu, Debian

Rep: Reputation: 4930Reputation: 4930Reputation: 4930Reputation: 4930Reputation: 4930Reputation: 4930Reputation: 4930Reputation: 4930Reputation: 4930Reputation: 4930Reputation: 4930
I'm glad you've got some local,family help.

I'm terrible at offering advice and saying it well, but I will echo mjolnir's advice and suggest you consider it, or at least to stop and reach out versus try to kill yourself.

Yes we are all going to pass away in our lives, but to do so out of despair is not the way. I have known of a few suicide instances and for all of them, people wish they knew enough about a situation to help, and they wish the person who did kill their self had found the strength to reach out before their final act.

Best hopes for you.

Old 02-09-2024, 01:58 AM   #7
des_a

Original Poster

So my Mom is in the hospital, and things have gone from bad to worse. But now, on the same thread, I have another question. Only answer (this part), if you believe in the christian God however. So I am trying to figure out what he would want. Long story short, I know he wants me to be successful. I know he wants me to become as happy as I can be. These are non-negotiable, but do not include purposeful sin being what causes it.

Then, I know he wants me to be useful to him, by being useful to others. However, from him, that's about all I know. What I'm wondering, is am I pushing in the wrong direction? There is some definate pushback like this issue I opened the thread for. I believe I've got it nearly worked out.

Yes God can do anything, but I'm not sure I'm quite doing the right thing yet. I'm sure of the above facts. But now, I'm trying to figure out whether there is a signal that the main "work [contribution]" to society may not be paid, as I may just be too far off. The way I could get help, and I need the help with my social skills, they are never going to get me anywhere.

I have been preparing for a business trying to re-wrtie and add some projects to do work so I can open a business. My issue is it may not be God's plan to open a business. Maybe that's why the pushback there. I have no doubt I'm supposed to do the work. Maybe he wants me to humble myself even to the point where I AM in that case, taken advantage of, and then just get work done. Would I even be in danger of just losing my benefits, if in the first place, if I made some really good contributions to the community? And yet, depende on my income to do so? My issue is I'm not sure I can make enough doing it for money. If anywhere could, it'd be here, in this town.

But to actually be able to run it and still support myself looks now like it's another story. If I don't do the work, I'm not doing what he wants, that's for sure, but I'm again wondering whether I'm actually being selfish by not allowing myself to be taken advantage of for the good of others.

Old 02-09-2024, 01:59 AM   #8
des_a

Original Poster

Of course, everything starts with fixing this problem...

Old 02-11-2024, 03:10 AM   #9
des_a

Original Poster

I think, assuming my Mom stays better soon, that, I have solved this issue.

Old 02-11-2024, 03:11 AM   #10
des_a

Original Poster

I'm just going to wait a little bit longer and see.

Old 02-21-2024, 01:16 AM   #11
des_a

Original Poster

So I'm going to move in with my Mom for awhile is the next part of the plan. I should get to take all my servers and the whole network. We will start by hooking it up together, with mine being the secondary routers. If I'm going to be there a long time, I'll make mine the primary routers.