LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Mobile
User Name
Password
Linux - Mobile This forum is for the discussion of all topics relating to Mobile Linux. This includes Android, Tizen, Sailfish OS, Replicant, Ubuntu Touch, webOS, and other similar projects and products.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2020, 03:32 AM   #1
SabrinaF
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Android Factory Reset Problem

I need to reset my Samsung smartphone (Samsung A 10, Android 10). I remember the Email I used to access the device. But I don't remember the password. If I reset my device, can I log in to it using a new email and password?

Old 09-14-2020, 02:01 PM   #2
sgosnell

Distribution: Debian Stable and Unstable

Rep: Reputation: 542Reputation: 542Reputation: 542Reputation: 542Reputation: 542Reputation: 542
Yes, a factory reset should cure the issue. You'll lose any data that is on the phone, but if you can't access it anyway, you can just start over. The password for the phone should be the same as your Google account, so if you can remember that, you should be able to open the phone. But if you can't remember any passwords, reset the phone and use whatever email and password you want.

Old 09-21-2020, 10:30 AM   #3
martin smith

Rep: Reputation: 3
Your device will be reset to its factory state and all your data will be erased. If your device freezes at any point, hold down the Power button until it restarts. If the factory reset process doesn't fix your problems or doesn't work at all it's likely that there's a problem with your device's hardware.

Old 12-02-2020, 06:23 AM   #4
BrownLuther007
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Yes yes, a factory reset will erase all the accounts, IDs and passwords with it. And It will be like a new phone when unboxing from a new box if done correctly.