LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Desktop
User Name
Password
Linux - Desktop This forum is for the discussion of all Linux Software used in a desktop context.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2020, 08:36 AM   #31
Aeterna

Distribution: VM Host: Slackware-current, VM Guests: Artix, Venom, antiX, Gentoo, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, OpenIndiana

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcore View Post
Should have been more specific, they are not extension in the profile but "features" in browser/features/ directory of the package, as they are compiled with firefox by default.
In case a new "feature" was added with new version, it would probably be enabled by default, and while you may have blocked the old features it's possible there's something else there.
I suggested recompiling
https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...8/#post6151713
as I think that these servers (amazon/cloudfront) are hardcoded. However last time I compiled my own firefox was when intel compiler was "fashionable" for speed (long time ago). I think that today web browsers are behemoths to compile with all dependencies. It is easier to set up firewall for outgoing connections.

Also two weak ciphers that i spotted are still difficult to deal with. This is probably trivial but I can't find them.

Thank you for suggestions elcore.

I think that there is nothing more to do so I consider this tread closed.