LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Mobile
User Name
Password
Linux - Mobile This forum is for the discussion of all topics relating to Mobile Linux. This includes Android, Tizen, Sailfish OS, Replicant, Ubuntu Touch, webOS, and other similar projects and products.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2012, 02:38 AM   #1
pgrytdal
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Ubuntu

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
How to install Linux on Cruz Tablet T301

Hello

I was wondering if there was a way I could install Linux on a Cruz Tablet T301

It is totally worthless, because whenever I un-lock it (after powering up) I get this error (along with many others) :

Quote:
Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
When I click the "Force Close" button, the error just pop's up again.

I was wondering if there was a way to install a linux distro right over Android, since there is no way to fix it.

Thanks!

Old 10-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
JaseP

Distribution: K/Ubuntu 18.04-14.04, Scientific Linux 6.3-6.4, Android-x86, Pretty much all distros at one point...

Rep: Reputation: 157Reputation: 157
Android IS a Linux based OS,...

Old 10-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
jefro

Rep: Reputation: 3628Reputation: 3628Reputation: 3628Reputation: 3628Reputation: 3628Reputation: 3628Reputation: 3628Reputation: 3628Reputation: 3628Reputation: 3628Reputation: 3628
The linux you would need may or may not exist. Some of these devices use parts that are only supported by the OEM. To start with is the cpu and screen and a way to calibrate it. Then there is tricks on how to actually write to it.

Unless you find a very detailed example, you are unlikely to get any common linux distro on it.

You might not even find a way to burn a new OEM image on it. Keep looking.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:38 PM   #4
rob.rice

Distribution: slack what ever

Rep: Reputation: 205Reputation: 205Reputation: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrytdal View Post
Hello

I was wondering if there was a way I could install Linux on a Cruz Tablet T301

It is totally worthless, because whenever I un-lock it (after powering up) I get this error (along with many others) :

When I click the "Force Close" button, the error just pop's up again.

I was wondering if there was a way to install a linux distro right over Android, since there is no way to fix it.

Thanks!
here is a way to fix it
goto http://www.cruzreader.com/Article_861.php read the instructions on updating the tablet
there is an error in the instructions YOU WILL NEED TO RENAME THE T301update.zip to update.zip
and you will need to turn off java script to do anything at all on the net