LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2024, 02:20 AM   #1
archarch
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Slackware 15.0

Rep: Reputation: 0
Unhappy Broke my sbopkg... partially

Using slackware 15 and latest version of sbopkg. Until this point, sbopkg has been working perfectly. Plenty of disk space available, working internet connection, blah blah.

There was something I wanted to install that wasn't present in sbopkg, so I created a package via this tutorial
https://docs.slackware.com/howtos:sl..._have_time_way
namely with these commands:
  1. make install DESTDIR=$(pwd)/PACKAGE
  2. cd PACKAGE
  3. makepkg -l y -c n ../app-version-arch-tag.txz
  4. installpkg ../app-version-arch-tag.txz

and installed it. I didn't write a slack-desc.

Then I tried using sbopkg and was unable to Browse or Search for packages, or load queues, though I could see my list of queues still. This concerned me and I assumed it must have been linked to my new lazily-made package, so I removed it via built-in pkgtool. Sbopkg is still broken. I removed Sbopkg via pkgtool and re-installed Sbopkg latest via installpkg. Still broken.

I'm still able to use sqg and I can still build and install packages/queues via Sbopkg if I issue the commands sbopkg -i <pkg> or similar. But attempting to use the TUI, various functions silently fail.

Anyone have any ideas on what may have caused this bug or how to fix it?

Old 04-26-2024, 02:56 AM   #2
chrisretusn

Distribution: Slackware64-current

Rep: Reputation: 1552Reputation: 1552Reputation: 1552Reputation: 1552Reputation: 1552Reputation: 1552Reputation: 1552Reputation: 1552Reputation: 1552Reputation: 1552Reputation: 1552
I do not see how creating your own package could break sbopkg. I create hundreds of packages, it does not effect sbopkg at all.

Old 04-26-2024, 04:07 AM   #3
rizitis

Distribution: Slackware64-current, Slint

Rep: Reputation: 492Reputation: 492Reputation: 492Reputation: 492Reputation: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by archarch View Post
Using slackware 15 and latest version of sbopkg. Until this point, sbopkg has been working perfectly. Plenty of disk space available, working internet connection, blah blah.

There was something I wanted to install that wasn't present in sbopkg, so I created a package via this tutorial
https://docs.slackware.com/howtos:sl..._have_time_way
namely with these commands:
  1. make install DESTDIR=$(pwd)/PACKAGE
  2. cd PACKAGE
  3. makepkg -l y -c n ../app-version-arch-tag.txz
  4. installpkg ../app-version-arch-tag.txz

and installed it. I didn't write a slack-desc.

Then I tried using sbopkg and was unable to Browse or Search for packages, or load queues, though I could see my list of queues still. This concerned me and I assumed it must have been linked to my new lazily-made package, so I removed it via built-in pkgtool. Sbopkg is still broken. I removed Sbopkg via pkgtool and re-installed Sbopkg latest via installpkg. Still broken.

I'm still able to use sqg and I can still build and install packages/queues via Sbopkg if I issue the commands sbopkg -i <pkg> or similar. But attempting to use the TUI, various functions silently fail.

Anyone have any ideas on what may have caused this bug or how to fix it?
Can you upload here terminal outputs? Example of what working and what not? This might help to understand better what is going on....

EDIT: IF you have your app.txz you can extrat it in a /tmp/folder and check...

Last edited by rizitis; 04-26-2024 at 04:11 AM.

Old 04-26-2024, 04:50 AM   #4
marav
LQ Sage

Distribution: Slackware

Rep: Reputation: 4103Reputation: 4103Reputation: 4103Reputation: 4103Reputation: 4103Reputation: 4103Reputation: 4103Reputation: 4103Reputation: 4103Reputation: 4103Reputation: 4103
The best way, for me, to create a valid slackbuild is to use this tool:

https://slackbuilds.org/repository/1...em/sbo-create/

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2024, 07:55 AM   #5
archarch
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Slackware 15.0

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Well, the power went out, and when it came back on, I rebooted my machine to find that sbopkg now works. What a disappointing conclusion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marav View Post
The best way, for me, to create a valid slackbuild is to use this tool:

https://slackbuilds.org/repository/1...em/sbo-create/
I'll have to check this out -- thank you!