LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - General
User Name
Password
Linux - General This Linux forum is for general Linux questions and discussion.
If it is Linux Related and doesn't seem to fit in any other forum then this is the place.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2020, 02:48 AM   #1
LanternMG
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Touchpad Two Finger Scrolling

I don't know if this is the right category, but I didn't know where to ask this.

I have been a Windows user for the past 19 years. I've decided to switch to Linux because it has many benefits for me. I've installed Deepin Linux which I find gorgeous and I do not plan to switch to another distro, at least for now besides the "bugs" many people have. Deepin Linux works perfectly for me, has everything I need. The one problem I have is using the touchpad on my laptop.

I am used to two finger scrolling on Windows. So I googled a little bit and set up two finger scrolling on Linux. But whenever I want to use one finger to move the mouse and then click the left mouse button while my other finger is still on the touchpad, I accidentally scroll.

I only want when both of my fingers are moving to scroll and disable scrolling if one of my fingers is still. Can this be done?

Thank you in advance, and sorry about any grammar mistakes, english is not my main language.

Old 02-22-2020, 01:28 PM   #2
ferrari
LQ Guru

Distribution: openSUSE Leap

Rep: Reputation: 1140Reputation: 1140Reputation: 1140Reputation: 1140Reputation: 1140Reputation: 1140Reputation: 1140Reputation: 1140Reputation: 1140
That may be a limitation with libinput scrolling methods perhaps. This page describes those methods (valid for both Wayland and Xorg environments).

I don't have direct experience with Deepin, but if 'libinput-tools' is installed then you can query the current input device configuration with
Code:
sudo libinput list-devices
There will be a section pertaining to the touchpad device and you can share that output here for others to advise further.

Old 02-26-2020, 08:13 AM   #3
LanternMG
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Unfortunately I didn't have libinput installed, then tried to install it. Somehow I broke my Linux and I couldn't boot. Then I tried fixing it but I was unable to and decided to replace Deepin Linux with Linux Mint because of the technical support.

The touchpad now works as expected. I guess there was a problem with Deepin Linux.

Anyways, thank you for the time you took to reply. I appreciate it!