OK, I should have done WAY more research before posting. I feel like a fool
Here is what I did:
First after installing Slackware 9.1 and putting LILO on the MBR, I rebooted and booted off of the Slackware CD.
I then mounted my HD stuff as skog stated to do above:
make the dirs in /mnt u need
mount them in /mnt
cd to them
chroot /mnt/hd /bin/bash
After this I was able to edit my lilo.conf in the /etc folder. Which worked nicely
I then decided to modify the /etc/pcmcia/config.opts as follows:
from include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x800-0x8ff,port 0xc00-0xcff to include port 0x100-0x4ff,port 0xc00-0xcff (credit to Mark Holbrook from here http://holbrooks.org/linux/delli8k/
I then added hdparm -d1X66 -c3 -m16 /dev/hda to my rc.local file using pico (my favorite editor)
Now I boot this bad boy and I get my Options of Windows XP Pro and Slackware Linux 9.1
Dang.... Slack is sure a fine OS I must say.
I simply needed some patience.
So maybe later tonight or tomorrow I'll do Xfree86 and config my display, and then I should be all set. This version of Slack is supposed to have ACPI support for this laptop. I'll keep ya posted.
Peace out .