LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Laptop and Netbook
User Name
Password
Linux - Laptop and Netbook Having a problem installing or configuring Linux on your laptop? Need help running Linux on your netbook? This forum is for you. This forum is for any topics relating to Linux and either traditional laptops or netbooks (such as the Asus EEE PC, Everex CloudBook or MSI Wind).

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2005, 08:17 PM   #1
TreeHugger

Distribution: ubuntu, mint, debian

Rep: Reputation: 15
Unhappy treo 600 usb to pilot-xfer

my RH9 linux is not connecting pilot-xfer to the usb when I try hot synching my treo 600.

I think I must be missing out something fairly fundamental.

In my /var/log/messages, I see the system logging the USB connection when I press hotsynch on the treo. Yet pilot-xfer does nothing except output "Time elapsed: 0:00" and that's all. Then it returns.

Code:
[root@gondor junk]# pilot-xfer -c -p /dev/ttyUSB0
Time elapsed: 0:00:00
I have tried all the other /dev/ttyUSB* and also /dev/usb/ttyUSB* too.

From googling, the only problem that I can find is that I don't have anything listed under /proc/devices

I don't know what to do about that. And otherwise I'm stumped too. My lsmod lists usb-uhci, visor and usbserial mods.

I also tried it with the version / product parameters:

Code:
/sbin/modprobe usbserial vendor=0x82d product=0x300
Can anyone help?

TIA

Old 03-02-2005, 07:16 AM   #2
TreeHugger

Original Poster
Looks like a usb.agent script is not matching up my treo to a driver. A more exact definition of my problem (and a solution) still elude me!

I seem to have run out of ways of putting "usb driver treo 600 pilot-xfer [any other related word]" into google

Old 11-03-2005, 05:32 AM   #3
dominicporter
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
Looks like I have a very similar problem. Have you fixed it?

I am running FC4 with latest pilot-link etc. I have a treo 600 connected to USB

When I hit my hotsync button I get /dev/ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1 appearing and I have set up the udev thing which makes /dev/pilot appear too. /var/log/messages looks like this:

Quote:
Nov 3 11:26:21 localhost kernel: usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 13
Nov 3 11:26:21 localhost kernel: visor 1-1:1.0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter detected
Nov 3 11:26:21 localhost kernel: usb 1-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB0
Nov 3 11:26:21 localhost kernel: usb 1-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB1
If gpilot is running I get a window saying the server has crashed.

If I try to run any of the tools I just get (eg):
Quote:
# dlpsh -i -p /dev/ttyUSB1

Listening for incoming connection on /dev/ttyUSB1...
and nothing happens till I cancel the hotsync on the phone.

My Treo has now not been backed in over a month since I got rid of Windoze, someone please help!

DOM

Old 11-06-2005, 04:15 PM   #4
TreeHugger

Original Poster
Yes I got it working.

But I'm using pilot-link.

Trying setting the baud rate on your treo to the minimum. Plus I still find it temperamental. Sometimes I have to try it 3 or 4 times before it works.

Old 11-07-2005, 02:51 AM   #5
dominicporter
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
Brilliant, it's working!

As you say it was just a case of setting a slower baud rate...

It still is a bit temporamental. I have to press hotsync and then wait about 10 seconds before pilot-xfer (or whatever tool) will work. Oh and I can only do it as root still. And gpilotd still crashes.

THANK YOU!

DOM