LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - General > LinuxQuestions.org Member Success Stories
User Name
Password
LinuxQuestions.org Member Success Stories Just spent four hours configuring your favorite program? Just figured out a Linux problem that has been stumping you for months?
Post your Linux Success Stories here.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2004, 07:52 PM   #1
webwolf70

Distribution: Windows XP. I gave up with Linux & I left LQ.

Rep: Reputation: 30
Thank You

I want to thank everyone for the help I have recieved here thus far. This forum has not only helped me get things set up on my computer and learn what to do, but has also helped me get things going on other peoples computers. In the last few months I have installed Linux(Mandrake or Suse,) on computers in three different households, including mine. That is a total of four, soon to be five, computers, and I am not done yet. When ever there is a computer around me, I will eventually get Linux on it, I have been able to install Linux with minimal problems. I have learned from others here what to do to find the solution. If that fails I can post the problem here.

I have done a good job to the point that people are really impressed with Linux. They are not as scared of it as they where before. The stories are turning out to be bull and I get to show them opposed to just telling them. Again this has been done with the help and support of the people here, not to mention, IMO, the great distros being used.

So again, THANK YOU. Excellent job everyone.

Webwolf

Old 08-15-2004, 08:32 PM   #2
2damncommon

Distribution: PCLINUXOS

Rep: Reputation: 103Reputation: 103
Quote:
In the last few months I have installed Linux(Mandrake or Suse,) on computers in three different households, including mine. That is a total of four, soon to be five, computers, and I am not done yet. When ever there is a computer around me, I will eventually get Linux on it
...but don't you think you should ask first?

Really, that is great.
Other than handing out some Knoppix CDs I have not had great luck "evangelizing".

Old 08-15-2004, 08:57 PM   #3
Jmcatch742

Distribution: Mepis, Ubuntu, Slackity slack

well, now that you are such a linux guru stay around and hel psome new kids out.

Old 08-16-2004, 04:41 AM   #4
XavierP

Distribution: Debian Testing

Rep: Reputation: 475Reputation: 475Reputation: 475Reputation: 475Reputation: 475
Moved: This thread is more suitable in Member Success Stories and has been moved accordingly to help your thread/question get the exposure it deserves.

Old 08-16-2004, 04:36 PM   #5
webwolf70

Distribution: Windows XP. I gave up with Linux & I left LQ.

Original Poster
2damncommon, your right. I should ask first, lol. Maybe thats why people don't invite me over for dinner or coffee anymore

As far as being a guru. I can help from my own experiences but there is still so much more to learn. I will stick around to learn as much as I can and if I some how help somone in the process then cool. I look forward to seeing what the future holds for Linux, well the good future not the Microshit that Gates keeps dishing out.

Webwolf

Old 08-17-2004, 11:25 AM   #6
LinuxLala

Distribution: Fedora 7

Rep: Reputation: 45
great to hear from you webwolf. Do stay around and learn and help and evangelize linux and install it on others' system with or without asking first and ...

Cheers.