LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2004, 10:56 PM   #1
Defuntu
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Fedora

Rep: Reputation: 0
Media audio library

Hey all!

i'm searching for some kind of media library.. well at least.. with more features that xmms, specially on the playlist stuff.. because i have a large (and comin' larger everyday:P) playlist and xmms doesn't seem to keep up the pace :P

i'v tried out JuK, can't have an opinion on it.. been usin' it for what.. 3 hours (lol)... looks cool but..i don't know :s

well, just wanted some feedback on this.. programs that you might know about

tks!

Old 07-24-2004, 02:46 AM   #2
adz

Distribution: Debian, FreeBSD

Rep: Reputation: 53
In what way exactly is XMMS lacking?

Old 07-24-2004, 07:33 AM   #3
Defuntu
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Fedora

Original Poster
id3 tags suport.. playlist managment..

JuK seems okay.. but i want even more.. who knows:

audio control and equalizer from xmms
playlist managment from JuK

plus

a nice editing tool for id3 tags

Old 08-17-2004, 03:13 PM   #4
librano

Distribution: Arch+KDE, Linux Mint Fluxbox CE

Rep: Reputation: 31
hi all!

i am also looking for something of this sort... i hate comparing to windows programs but cant think of a better way to explain what i want... in three words it is 'winamp media library' anyone who has used winamp's (especially winamp 5) media library knows how easy it is to build playlists by simply typing in the search fields... for example... i feel like listening to bob marley... i type bob marley and all the songs i have of bob are automatically selected and ready to export to the playlist... if i wanted to listen to reggae i type reggae in the genre field... and i get reggae... then there's the dynamic playlists which lets your automatically add your favorite songs to the playlist acting on how many times you have played a particular song(s)... which will probably still be bob marley... but thats not the point ... that is much easier than browsing through folders trying to add mp3s to the playlist...

i dont think it is that hard to add this feature to xmms... which by the the way i think is a great player... the effects plugins totally rule... and even kick some DFX @$$!!... maybe someone out there can 'steal' winamps library and port in to xmms... or even better... make one that leaves winamp's in the dust!!

thats it for now...

cheers

Old 08-18-2004, 04:53 AM   #5
x_mcmunt
LQ Newbie

I use RhythmBox which does the sort/searching that you want. But it's more of an iTunes look-a-like than Winamp. ie. no fancy equalizers. You can create and save your own playlists easily enough and it does keep a count of how often each song has been played. It also has a basic id3 tag editor built in.

Old 08-18-2004, 07:05 AM   #6
machiner

Distribution: Debian, straight. No chaser.

Rep: Reputation: 15
madman

the proggys --
madman-proggy
freevo