LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - General > LinuxQuestions.org Member Success Stories
User Name
Password
LinuxQuestions.org Member Success Stories Just spent four hours configuring your favorite program? Just figured out a Linux problem that has been stumping you for months?
Post your Linux Success Stories here.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2004, 11:35 PM   #1
computergeek84

Distribution: Gentoo, Ubuntu

Rep: Reputation: 15
Wireless Linux - Linksys WPC55AG

I got a Linksys WPC55AG wireless network card over the holidays. It was easy to get it to work with Windoze, but I did manage to get it to work with my Knoppix 3.3 laptop. I googled and went to this website:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=85233

I downloaded it and compiled/ insmoded the three modules and it detected my card as ath0. I added the entry to /etc/network/interfaces for DHCP to the access point and ifup'd it and I've been wireless ever since!

To search for access points, just type

Code:
iwlist ath0 scan
I know setting it up for WEP is possible using iwconfig, but my access point doesn't have WEP

It works like a charm!

Old 01-27-2004, 01:36 AM   #2
kjkeefe
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
What was that link again?

The link you included in your post seems to be broken. I just got one of these for the holidays too and I would love to get it working in Mandrake...

*crosses fingers*

Old 02-02-2004, 07:35 PM   #3
psharboneaux
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Ubuntu 8.04

Rep: Reputation: 0
Smile Linksys WPC55AG under MDK Linux

Well, after doing quite a bit of reading and visiting the link below, I managed to make my Linksys WPC55AG work under MDK 9.2

http://madwifiwiki.thewebhost.de/wiki/FrontPage

Though I'm a relatively new to the Linux world, I'm very proud to make this wireless card work. I am planning to write better docs for people like me starting to use Linux.

Philippe

Old 06-07-2004, 04:05 PM   #4
XavierP

Distribution: Debian Testing

Rep: Reputation: 475Reputation: 475Reputation: 475Reputation: 475Reputation: 475
Computergeek84 - your Success Story on the Linksys WPC55AG seems to be ideal for our LinuxAnswers section.

Would you be willing to submit it? It would be of help to the site and to the rest of our membership if you would do so (it would also put your instructions in a prominent place for anyone searching for it ).

If you are willing to do so, read this link on submitting an Answer beforehand.

Thanks.