LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices

View Poll Results: Which updates would you like for the warzone2100 slackbuild?
I would like all updates promptly 5 27.78%
I would like all stable updates prompty 4 22.22%
I prefer receiving confirmed stable updates 9 50.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
lostnhell

Distribution: Slackware-current

Rep: Reputation: 17
Question warzone2100 Slackbuild feedback requested

All,
I am the slackbuild maintainer for warzon2100 and have been questioning which releases I should prepare and submit to slackbuilds.org, I would like you input.

My current process is to only test non-beta releases and submit the new builds after each version has been tested for at least 2 weeks to guarantee stability. I would like to know if the users would prefer to get the beta releases and all versions promptly or if you prefer the current testing/release criteria.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
slugman

Distribution: Slackware

Rep: Reputation: 1
Awesome! However, I see the slackbuild is for ver 2.3.8, which is unsupported.

I know its a lot to ask, but if you could provide slackbuilds for a) stable version and b) most recent beta version, that will give you the needed input on how stable the beta release is, while giving users a stable version at the same time. I'm sure theres some people out there who'd like to try the latest stuff out.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
lostnhell

Original Poster
The current state of warzone is what caused the question, the latest stable is 2.3.9 which is unsupported, however the only supported versions are beta quality.

I know that I cannot request for both the stable and unstable versions to be hosted on slackbuilds, but I can do both in my github repo and submit only the stable updates to slackbuilds.org. Would that solution work for you?

Old 06-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
slugman

Rep: Reputation: 1
That sounds good lostnhell. It would be awesome if you could host a slackbuild of the beta's alongisde the source in github (although I know thats quite a bit more work for just a minority of users).

Old 06-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
lostnhell

Original Poster
I have created a new github repo that I will be using to test all new releases as soon as I find they are released. you can find it and all of the required slackbuild files at https://github.com/mfillpot/warzone2100-current

I will continue to submit the confirmed stable builds to slackbuilds.org.

Thank you all for your feedback.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:19 AM   #6
kingbeowulf

Rep: Reputation: 744Reputation: 744Reputation: 744Reputation: 744Reputation: 744Reputation: 744Reputation: 744
I say stable is fine. I play warzone2100 once in a while, and I won't be updating all that often. If you can manage it, a 'current' is nice for those who can help you test/debug.

Tags
feedback, game, slackbuilds