LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > SUSE / openSUSE
User Name
Password
SUSE / openSUSE This Forum is for the discussion of Suse Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
stevest

Distribution: Linux Suse 1

Rep: Reputation: 15
Suse 10.2 Repositories

I am having trouble adding the packman repo to my newly installed Suse 10.2. I have followed the instruction from Redazz but to no avail. I have tried FTP and HTTP but neither will work. I just get a message say "Unable to create installation source from URL"
Also when I use the yast software manager and select a package from GURU (which I did manage to add as a source) I get a message saying something like there are no providers for the program I have selected.
I have just downloaded libcaca as Redazz suggests in his sticky but when I click directly on the file and ask yast to install it I get the same message, saying that there are no providers. I have tried to add the local folder that Libcaca is saved in as a Installation Source, but I get the original message saying "Unable to create installation source"
Im stuck now and would appreciate any help.
Thank You.

Old 12-13-2006, 04:25 PM   #2
slackass

Distribution: Slack64-15.0

Rep: Reputation: 90
Here's the one I used:
server name:
http

packman.iu-bremen.de

directory:

suse/10.2

hope this helps

Old 12-14-2006, 02:46 PM   #3
stevest

Distribution: Linux Suse 1

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
I now have my software manager working.
I have deselected the Enterprise Software Management, and now all works fine.
Also I can now add repositories. I think i was having a problem as I was pasting the directories into the installation source. As soon as I started to physically type the directories in all went smoothly. Strange but true!
Thanks for you help Slackass.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:54 PM   #4
tlarkin

Rep: Reputation: 30
I have the same problem. Except I was trying to use YUM, which I have been using with no problems in 10.1, and I just recently upgraded to 10.2.

I have it set up right:
Code:
linux-82qb:/home/tlarkin # installation_sources -s
# | Enabled | Refresh | Type | Name                    | URI                                                  
--+---------+---------+------+-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------
1 | No      | Yes     | YaST | 20061213-102814         | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/repo/non-oss/
2 | Yes     | Yes     | YUM  | SUSE-Linux-10.2-Updates | http://suse.mirrors.tds.net/pub/suse/update/10.2     
3 | No      | Yes     | YaST | 20061213-084109         | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/repo/oss/
4 | Yes     | No      | YaST | 20061212-093148         | cd:///?devices=/dev/sr0
However, when I run YUM i get these results:

Code:
linux-82qb:/home/tlarkin # yum update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
No Repositories Available to Set Up
Reading repository metadata in from local files
No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion
I have tried adding urls for repositories by using the installation_source -a nameofurl, but it doesn't seem to work? Is this broken in suse 10.2?

Old 12-24-2006, 07:36 PM   #5
ACIDEVIL
LQ Newbie

Distribution: SuSE 10.1, Slackware 10.2

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Here is the server I use. It's working flawlessly

packman.unixheads.com/suse/10.2/