LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - General > LQ Articles Discussion
User Name
Password
LQ Articles Discussion This forum is for the discussion of content posted to the Articles and Editorials section.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2006, 04:32 PM   #1
solveig
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
DISCUSSION: Using Templates in OpenOffice Writer

This thread is to discuss the article titled:
Using Templates in OpenOffice Writer

Quote:
If you've ever spent hours at work doing mailings, cursed your printer for printing outside the lines on your labels, or moaned

Old 08-27-2006, 03:41 PM   #2
stress_junkie

Distribution: Ubuntu 10.04 and CentOS 5.5

Rep: Reputation: 335Reputation: 335Reputation: 335Reputation: 335
I like the article. I has just enough information to be useful. I've spent twenty one years setting computers up but I've never learned how to use the application software. Since I started my own business I find that I have got to learn to use an office productivity suite. OOo seems like a good one. I experimented with KOffice. I didn't like it.

So I need to learn just enough to be useful but I don't want to learn enough to replace a good secretary. Your article is just what I needed.

I looked at your web site. It seems that the instructive stuff is mixed in with a diary. That makes it difficult to read. I couldn't find any kind of table of contents on your web site.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #3
terryxela

Distribution: SuSE 11.3

Rep: Reputation: 17
Solveig,

Great article.
I am running OO 2.2.1 and I want try to use the Label Wizard for the Avery 5931. The wizard has instead of letters "user" with a 1.5 x 11 inches page. Changing format/page to letter solves the problem. Here is the question: How can I save the modify templates so the Wizard the next time comes with the correct template?. I know how to save the template, I just want to modify the wizard template. Is that possible.

-=terry=-