LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Latest LQ Deals
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Laptop and Netbook
User Name
Password
Linux - Laptop and Netbook Having a problem installing or configuring Linux on your laptop? Need help running Linux on your netbook? This forum is for you. This forum is for any topics relating to Linux and either traditional laptops or netbooks (such as the Asus EEE PC, Everex CloudBook or MSI Wind).

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 05-04-2017, 10:29 PM   #16
ambix
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Mint 18.1

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled

Unfortunately it doesn't accept sound files. And about the conversion i don't know how to do it... what i do now?

Old 05-04-2017, 10:39 PM   #17
ambix
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Shadow 7 I has been listening to the clips i recorded with the kernel 3.2.0-24 and i am speechless... they doesn't have the distortion. What it mean this?

Old 07-17-2017, 10:50 AM   #18
ambix
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Hello everyone i was absent for a long time in which after trying to compile old drivers of alsa and even installing and configuring OSS, all in vain. I tried with hdajackretask and i was able to partially resolve the problem, now i don't have the distortion or noise in the speakers or headphones but i can not use the microphone together unless i retask again with some parser hints and enable loopbakcmixing giving me distorted sound in the process, this doesn't happen under windows. The only thing bugging me is the internal speakers they have the same problem i use to have witch the speakers and headphones but more notorious plus the overheating. As a side note i have the same problem under windows 8.1 but the distortion is less strong. If somebody has a guide or suggestions for the use of hdajackretask or other help i will we glad. Thanks!

For those who could have my same problem in a w550eu i recommend install alsa-tools-gui and latter open hdajackretask

probably you would have something like this

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...1&d=1500304607

In order to make the distortion and the sound disappear in the headphones or the external speaker you need to mark show unconnected pins and mark override in the one listed as not connected and located under the green headphone, front side and the internal mic and select in the list, line out (center/LFE)

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...1&d=1500305203

Now you have to mark advanced override and in "under location" from the unconnected pin previously selected as line out (center/LFE), change rear to front

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...1&d=1500305454

Finally you need to close all sound applications and even alsamixer on the terminal in case you are running it, click on apply now type your password and test if this configuration really work with any music file under maximum volume. If it works select install boot override, type your password and reboot for make it permanent

Hope this help somebody with the same problem, at least one can hear music under headphones or external speakers without problems at all
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla_2017-07-17_12-13-28.png
Views:	59
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	25490   Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla_2017-07-17_12-25-25.png
Views:	36
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	25491   Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla_2017-07-17_12-30-09.png
Views:	35
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	25492  

Last edited by ambix; 07-17-2017 at 10:53 AM.