LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General
User Name
Password
General This forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!

Notices

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
BannedUser
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
You know, space, Universe, NASA, humans, UFO, particles etc.

Quote:
What is distance? There’s the distance between people, who subconsciously space themselves apart, providing a reliable visual matrix of intimacy. It’s no coincidence we use the word “close” to describe our most intimate relationships: to whisper and caress, we draw near to one another, less than six inches apart.
You know what Mr. Gene Roddenberry said?

Quote:
Star Trek was an attempt to say that humanity will reach maturity and wisdom on the day that it begins not just to tolerate, but take a special delight in differences in ideas and differences in life forms. […] If we cannot learn to actually enjoy those small differences, to take a positive delight in those small differences between our own kind, here on this planet, then we do not deserve to go out into space and meet the diversity that is almost certainly out there.
Do we need to explore the Universe? I mean humans. Will we ever do it? What is our future? And most important, do you feel like a human?

Kant referred to "space" in his Critique of Pure Reason as being: a subjective "pure a priori form of intuition". I think he was an idiot. And Albert said speed of the light... so my friend asked me; Is there anything faster than speed of the light? I said what do you think? He said yes there is. My thoughts. Albert was wrong.

Governments hidding things from us, spying on us.

So, where we are? We don't know much about our very own dear Earth, Bermuda Triangle, earthquakes, lightnings, Area 51 and so on.

I wonder.

Last edited by BannedUser; 07-11-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
druuna
LQ Veteran

Rep: Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405Reputation: 2405
Hi and welcome to LQ (or are you really a banned user, in that case......).

Bit of a strange first post if you ask me.

Did you really create an account on a Linux/Unix board with the purpose of posting the above?

And "Yes" I do know this is posted in General, but I still wonder: Has Summer finally arrived?

Last edited by druuna; 07-11-2013 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Added link.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
BannedUser
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by druuna View Post
Has Summer finally arrived?
That depends how you look at it.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
H_TeXMeX_H
LQ Guru

Distribution: slackware64

Rep: Reputation: 1301Reputation: 1301Reputation: 1301Reputation: 1301Reputation: 1301Reputation: 1301Reputation: 1301Reputation: 1301Reputation: 1301Reputation: 1301
Quote:
Originally Posted by BannedUser View Post
Kant referred to "space" in his Critique of Pure Reason as being: a subjective "pure a priori form of intuition". I think he was an idiot. And Albert said speed of the light... so my friend asked me; Is there anything faster than speed of the light? I said what do you think? He said yes there is. My thoughts. Albert was wrong.
I fully agree with you.

For now the future looks dark. I only hope that there will be a Renaissance after the darkness, even tho I probably won't be around to see it.

My question to you is, why did you choose that name ? Surely you can think of something better.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
John VV
LQ Muse

Rep: Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651Reputation: 2651
Quote:
Do we need to explore the Universe?
yes

Quote:
So, where we are? We don't know much about our very own dear Earth, Bermuda Triangle, earthquakes, lightnings, Area 51 and so on.
i think you are mixing up SCIENCE with pseudoscience
Not your fault the Gen press and TV are perpetuating a very great disservice to the world with their crap
The Discovery Chanel( of all people) had a FAKE, yes FAKE show with FAKE scientists ( actors and NO ONE by there names ever worked for NOAA )
portraying a FAKE "discovery" of the faked "mermaid find

and to think TDC was one of the biggest users of my planetary maps
for them to broadcast a FAKE show and commit FRAUD on the public
that is intolerable

"Bermuda Triangle" -- pseudoscience
"Area 51" -- pseudoscience and normal dept of defense "onion" layering to hide the normal aircraft testing ( USA and CCCP aircraft )
"earthquakes " -- nothing "odd" about them
"you know, space, Universe, NASA, humans, UFO, particles etc."
ufo's or "little green men"

a ufo can and has recently been "Chinese paper lanterns" lite and floating up in the air
flying sources NO

but according to the FIRST misrepresentation of the ORIGINAL
paraphrased
Quote:
flying , you know " Like a saucer on water"
-- as in skipping on the water like a flat rock when one is " skipping stones"

THERE ARE NO "FLYING SAUCERS"

i would say I know "space" and the EARTH .Seeing as i process imaging data from
-- at one time or another--
Clementine
LRO
MGS
MRO
Cassini
Galileo
Voyager 1 & 2
Magellan
Messenger
--- "The Earth" ---
VIIRS data
DMSP data
"LandSat"
and so on ...

some good references
-- this is a VERY GOOD set of videos !!
http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/
( site down for maintenance )
-- redirect --
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ
-- a good site
http://www.skeptic.com/

-- Bad Astronomy
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy.html

Last edited by John VV; 07-11-2013 at 07:42 PM. Reason: change onee typo and the formatting goes all to ....

Old 07-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
BannedUser
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_TeXMeX_H View Post
I fully agree with you.

For now the future looks dark. I only hope that there will be a Renaissance after the darkness, even tho I probably won't be around to see it.

My question to you is, why did you choose that name ? Surely you can think of something better.
I see your brain is in the light, thank you my friend. I'm not someone who would hide something, so yes good old motherfucker UnSpawn banned me, but that's OK. What I want you to know guys is that, we must fight for our freedom, we should.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #7
dugan
LQ Guru

Distribution: distro hopper

Rep: Reputation: 5320Reputation: 5320Reputation: 5320Reputation: 5320Reputation: 5320Reputation: 5320Reputation: 5320Reputation: 5320Reputation: 5320Reputation: 5320Reputation: 5320

Last edited by dugan; 07-12-2013 at 12:01 AM. Reason: On second thought, speculating on what username this user may have previously used is not productive.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #8
unSpawn

Rep: Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600
FYI

2007: created account x.
2009: "This is to inform you that the post you've changed here: (..) is not in the spirit of LQ."
2011: "regarding your post (..) you've received a warning for inappropriate language."
2011: "Please keep yourself from posting provocations and generally being abrasive."
2011: "And another mod taking the time to try and explain to you that your behaviour doesn't quite match the expected standard at LQ."
2012: "Four warnings for inappropriate language, lack of respect (even towards Jeremy), provocations and a generally abrasive attitude."
2012: created account y.
2013: created account "BannedUser".

Given your deliberate derailment and provocation I'm closing this thread to preserve the "evidence". This also serves as a public and final warning for you to adhere to the LQ Rules you agreed to adhere to when you signed up for the account.

Last edited by unSpawn; 07-12-2013 at 01:32 AM.

Closed Thread