LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General
User Name
Password
General This forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
lupe

Distribution: Slackware, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Haiku

Rep: Reputation: 2
In search of a webpage - "old guy" ranting about "new" no-sql big data tech

Hi all,

Some months ago, I read a webpage, maybe a blog, of an "old guy" where he says that this nosql hype is just a form of reinventing a wheel.
I remember that there was a programming language that took data from disk in a streaming way, not everything to memory at once. I don't recall the programming language (maybe IPL?), but I think it is not a very well known language today. It's probably only used by a few.

I'd like to read the webpage again, but I must have forgotten to bookmark it. And I can't find it on the web anymore.

Has anyone read it?

Old 10-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
kbp

Rep: Reputation: 653Reputation: 653Reputation: 653Reputation: 653Reputation: 653Reputation: 653
I didn't read it but a quick search turned up this candidate:

http://drcoddwasright.blogspot.com.a...o-brainer.html

My searching skills aren't elite but if you want to tune yours up you can invest as little or as much time as you like here: http://search.lores.eu/ .. long live Fravia!

Old 10-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
lupe

Distribution: Slackware, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Haiku

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 2
Thank you very much for your effort, kbp, as well for the site you mention.
I already started to read it and find it fascinating.

The webpage you mention is not the one I've read, though. I'll try to improve my search skill to find it.