LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Latest LQ Deals
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Server
User Name
Password
Linux - Server This forum is for the discussion of Linux Software used in a server related context.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #1
Shinigami101
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
Sendmail, spam redirection to different account

This is more then likely a simple thing to do but hey i haven't found anything so i thought you guys might be able to help.

What i am trying to do is redirect anything that has been marked as spam (this is marked by an ironport, it adds "X-IronPort-SPAM: = (SPAM)" to the extended email header) from the user it was being sent to, to another account such as "fwdspam@example.com". I am wanting to do this by getting sendmail to look at the subject of the email and pass it onto that address(being "fwdspam@example.com").

Example;

Email sent to "foo.bar@example.com" -> IronPort

IronPort marks as spam adding "X-IronPort-SPAM: = (SPAM)" to extended header -> Sendmail

Sendmail sees "X-IronPort-SPAM: = (SPAM)" and redirects email to "fwdspam@example.com"

The reason why I am trying to do it in sendmail and not the IronPort is because i do not have control over the IronPort so it is the easiest way(i hope... if it is even possible).

Many Thanks for any ideas or help

I shall also keep on looking.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
unSpawn

Rep: Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600Reputation: 3600
IronPort > MTA > LDA (Procmail), in which a procmail recipe can act on '* ? (formail -x X-IronPort-SPAM:' or '* ^X-IronPort-SPAM:.*'? That's to say, I don't know how to do it the Milter way :-]