LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Hardware
User Name
Password
Linux - Hardware This forum is for Hardware issues.
Having trouble installing a piece of hardware? Want to know if that peripheral is compatible with Linux?

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2006, 03:23 AM   #1
MasterOfTheWind

Distribution: Arch, Debian sid, Kubuntu, Slackware 11

Rep: Reputation: 30
Sunsway TV Card (ST Lab PCI-FM/TV7130) works! But...

Hi!

Some time ago I asked if anyone had had any experience using this card with linux. I got many responses, but noone could confirm that it would definetely work (though we established that it was a card based on an saa7134 chip).

Now I am able to confirm that it works fine (except for some issues with sound). Paramters that make the driver work appropriately is "card=4 tuner=69", though several other tuners work as well. I have not found the best tuner yet though.

My question concerning the card (or rather its driver) is: Is it possible to disable the saa7134-driver controlling the sound in form of some parameter to pass to the driver ("nosound" or something)? The thing is that while the driver is controlling the sound, the sound quality is drastically reduced. But when I "rmmod saa7134" the sound does not stop, but is much much better than *with* the driver loaded. (Oh yes, and the audio output on the TV-card is connected to the mic input on my audio card)

Old 04-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
adrianno2

Distribution: Lubuntu 13.04

Rep: Reputation: 15
i'm having the same problems,
my card works with Paramters "card=4 tuner=69", but I have some issues with sound it has a very bad quality.