LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Latest LQ Deals
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > Programming
User Name
Password
Programming This forum is for all programming questions.
The question does not have to be directly related to Linux and any language is fair game.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2006, 12:46 AM   #1
qckdrw777
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
how to program using suse 10.0

I am new to linux and was wondering if there are any totorials out there that can help me learn to program and eventually create my own applications? I am using suse linux 10.0.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:05 AM   #2
Baldy
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Mepis,Arch,and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by qckdrw777
I am new to linux and was wondering if there are any totorials out there that can help me learn to program and eventually create my own applications? I am using suse linux 10.0.
I you do a search on google you will find a ton of options. Do you have a idea of what language you want to use? What type of programs would you like to have as a finished item? C, C++,Perl, Python, Ruby, and C# are all out there and you can get some great beginner tutorials for each.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:12 AM   #3
graemef

Distribution: Fedora 13, Ubuntu 10.04

Rep: Reputation: 148Reputation: 148
There are thousands of languages out there. Some a general purpose such as C/C++, Java, Pascal some are better suited to specific tasks, system programming, web development, GUI design. There are tutorials for almost every available language...As they say the Internet is big

What is it that you want to get out of your study, what type of applications are you interested in and do you have a friend who might be able to help you? Sure there are tutorials and this forum but having someone to call on is great.

graeme.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:50 AM   #4
qckdrw777
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
I am mostly interested in programing javascript games but would like to learn the basics before i try anything hard. I have a friend who has the same version of linux i do (suse 10.0) and he has told me all he knows. I know a little bit but can truly barely install a printer on linux without having to try it several times. What tutorial/programing guide would you recomend for me?

Old 01-19-2006, 06:54 AM   #5
graemef

Distribution: Fedora 13, Ubuntu 10.04

Rep: Reputation: 148Reputation: 148
Okay here are a few tutorials that may help you:

webReference
echoecho
pagetutor

hope one of these help you.

graeme.