Originally Posted by sydney-troz
To clarify, I understand you to be saying that you can neither install to nor boot from USB in both Ubuntu 8.04 and XP. What are you trying to install? How are you trying to install it? Can you post the output of whatever command(s) you're using?
no I try only linux to boot from USB, other linux I can boot, but Ubuntu 8.04 I cannot ... I try this:
Installing Ubuntu 8.04 to the USB flashdrive via Windows:
1. Download and launch Ub8pconvert.exe, a Ubuntu8 folder is created
2. Copy your Ubuntu 8.04 ISO to the Ubuntup8 folder
3. From the Ubuntup8 folder, click fixu.bat and follow the onscreen instructions
4. Once the fixu.bat script has finished, navigate to the new USB-Ubuntu folder inside the Ubuntup8 folder
5. Copy all of the files from "within" the USB-Ubuntu folder to the "root" of your flash drive (not to a subfolder)
6. Restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device from: http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2008/05...tall-tutorial/
I wait for your answer...
thanks a lot...