The Ultimate Slackware Poll (Multiple Answers Allowed)
The Sources of the Quotes
● Slackware sucks! (Internet, about 3,230 results)
● Slackware rocks! (Internet, about 4,200 results)
● What we think, we become. (Buddha)
● Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find... (Jesus)
● The ink of the scholar is holier than the blood of the martyr. (Muhammad)
● Bell out of order, please knock. (The Wizard of Oz, The Tin Man)
● It’s very very old, perhaps even older. (Doctor Who, Doctor Who)
● This conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye. (2001: A Space Odyssey, HAL 9000)
● Beep Bloop Blop Bleep Boop. (Star Wars, R2-D2)
● You do your job and let me do mine, yes? (Alien, Ash)
● The chances of survival are 725 to 1. (The Empire Strikes Back, C-3PO)
● Gosh, you’ve... really got some nice toys here. (Blade Runner, Roy Batty)
● I’ll be back. (The Terminator, T-800)
● I am only a machine. So I can not be sorry or happy, no matter what happens. (Return to Oz, Tik-Tok)
● Not bad for a human. (Aliens, Bishop)
● Well, goodbye virgin alarm. (Spaceballs, Dot Matrix)
● They’ll fix you. They fix everything. (RoboCop, RoboCop)
● This is down. Down is good. (Star Trek: The Next Generation, Data)
● Would you please repeat the destination? (Total Recall, Johnnycab)
● I’m not finished. (Edward Scissorhands, Edward)
● Thanks for your cooperation. (Terminator 2: Judgment Day, T-1000)
● I am the beginning. The end. The one who is many. (Star Trek: First Contact, The Borg Queen)
● Never send a human to do a machine’s job. (The Matrix, Agent Smith)
● There must be a reason that I am as I am. (Bicentennial Man, Andrew Martin)
● Lies, lies and slander! (Futurama, Bender)
● My brain is falling out. (A.I. Artificial Intelligence, David)
● This is punishment for toying with robots. (Metoroporisu, Tima)
● This is so wrong... this is so wrong! (Robots, Fender)
● Incredible... it’s even worse than I thought it would be. (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Marvin)
● Permission granted, old friend. (Transformers, Optimus Prime)
● You pop! (WALL·E, WALL·E)
● I’m here to keep you safe... (Moon, GERTY 3000)
● This is tangled. This is tangled. (District 9, Wikus Van De Merwe)
● 01101000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101100 01100100 (ASCII to binary)
● The system is going down for system halt NOW! (Slackware Linux)
● 我不明白 (traditional Chinese)
(Share your opinion about Slackware with the other people. If you feel that some opinion about Slackware is missing above share it with us here.)
The present post is a part of the 20th Slackware Linux Birthday Celebrations (July 17, 2013).
You forgot to put "Slackware is just one cog in the Linux ecosystem."
You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here. (Taxi Driver, Travis Bickle)
Google Translate sez: "I did not vote because I do not understand the purpose of this poll."
Second pointless poll from w1k0 in a row, is there any purpose that I don't see?
Not currently using Slackware but it's still in my top three distros list, and I will be installing it again in the future, so hopefully it will live on for centuries to come... :cool:
I like that quote as well. On the other hand Travis Bickle does not fit the policy of my poll (the quotes by the prophets, robots, androids, and the other aliens).
I do not know the current date in your distant Galaxy but here – in the Milky Way – it was April 1 when I submitted that poll.
A hint: April Fools’ Day.
Some people had fun identifying themselves with those quotes or just reading them – some other people had not fun at all.
A hint: Humor.
TobiSGD and Randicus Draco Albus,
It seems that according to your unique so far answer (“The chances of survival are 725 to 1”) your chances of survival are very high. For the comparison the chances of survival of the average cat are 9 to 1 because the cats have by default 9 lives.
We both (together with WALL·E) share the answer: “You pop!”. I am refraining from drawing the hasty conclusions from that fact.
You selected so far five answers thanks to the help of the other people: 1) “Well, goodbye virgin alarm”, 2) “Would you please repeat the destination?”, 3) “This is punishment for toying with robots”, 4) “Incredible... it’s even worse than I thought it would be”, and 5) “This is tangled. This is tangled”.
It seems that you lost your virgin alarm and – as a result – you get lost, you feel guilty, you are pessimist, and you are tangled.
In Australia at least April fools jokes should only be pulled before midday otherwise the person pulling the joke becomes the fool for not knowing what time it is.
Considering the screenshot indicates the time you initially posted this was well after midday (see screenshot) it appears to me that you are the fool (at least for countries from about +7 GMT onwards.
Not bad for a human.
Well, in Australia the people live with the heads upside down so their brains are very well supplied with blood and – as a result – they are very smart. In fact Australians are almost the smartest people on the whole Earth with the exception of a few inhabitants of Antarctica. I am very glad that I had the opportunity to meet someone so smart as you.
Thank you very much for your intelligent observation. There are twenty-four hours a day! It is a great discovery. I took that to my heart. The next time when I will decide to publish some April Fools’ prank I will post it here 24 times (one time every hour). Because I am serious now feel free to report my future repetitive posts to the moderators starting from that very moment.
Your nick – k3lt01 – can be transliterated as “keltoi”. Keltoi or Κελτοι is a Greek name of Celts. I am sure that all Celts are proud now that there is someone such as you among them. Hail Celts!
A humble answer but – thanks to its laconic form – very meaningful. Thank you very much!
Hm. Someone tries to pretend now that he is a serious man...
Your extremely thinly disguised insults to everyone who did not understand or were not amused by the joke show you miss the point. The joke was not funny. An April Fool's joke is supposed to fool people. They are supposed to believe it, until it is revealed as a joke. If a joke confuses people, it is unsuccessful. You should not be mad at people for not understanding your bad joke. You should be mad at yourself for not making a good joke.
As k3lt01 pointed out, jokes are supposed to be done before noon. Why? Because it is part of the child's game. Yes. April Fools is a game children play. That is why most people do not check the date whenever something strange is posted on a forum. They just assume there is something wrong with poster, not something wrong with the date. Did I mention that jokes are supposed to be funny?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.|