LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Debian (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/)
-   -   udev, snd_hda_intel and udevtrigger (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/udev-snd_hda_intel-and-udevtrigger-660331/)

TimoSchmid 08-04-2008 08:18 AM

udev, snd_hda_intel and udevtrigger
 
Hello,
I installed debian lenny on my Notebook.
I replaced devfs with udev.
Now the driver snd_hda_intel is not loaded automatically on startup.
As soon as I do
Code:

# udevtrigger
the module is loaded automatically.
What am I missing?
uname: 2.6.25-2-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Jul 14 11:05:23 UTC 2008 x86_64

Thanks for your help in advance

tredegar 08-04-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

I replaced devfs with udev.
I am surprised debian lenny offers the option of devfs which is, I think, deprecated now.

Sometimes I'm a "Just force it to work" sort of person. So I'd just put

udevtrigger

at the end of the file /etc/rc.local just before the final exit(0)
Then reboot.

Other people will probably offer more elegant solutions.
If you'd like to research a more elegant solution, you could start by reading up on hotplug, coldplug and udev

And "Welcome to LQ!"

TimoSchmid 08-05-2008 09:47 AM

not tested yet, but probably solves it
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tredegar (Post 3236511)
I am surprised debian lenny offers the option of devfs which is, I think, deprecated now.

Probably that's because I updated from etch, and as soon as I realized it, I was to lazy to download the whole CD-Image and reinstall again. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredegar (Post 3236511)
Sometimes I'm a "Just force it to work" sort of person.

I see, I am too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredegar (Post 3236511)
So I'd just put

udevtrigger

at the end of the file /etc/rc.local just before the final exit(0)
Then reboot.

That's even a better workaround than I did: I put it in KDE's autostart.


Quote:

Originally Posted by tredegar (Post 3236511)
Other people will probably offer more elegant solutions.
If you'd like to research a more elegant solution, you could start by reading up on hotplug, coldplug and udev

And "Welcome to LQ!"

Always keep on reading. How true!


Anyway, if somebody knows an even more right way to fix this, I'd apreciate your hints!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.