I would like to know if anyone has come across these problems on new install of openSuSE12.2. I tried installing many times with same results and 2 days ago did the same on an entire different computer but the same problems popped up. I therefore think this must be a bug. I have posted with my problems in different areas of this forum, but i will summarise the problems below so that the experts in this forum can ascertain whether it is a bug issue or not.
1. Install DVD iso checksum ok, check media prior to installation ok
2. After 1st boot updates, Firefox was updated to 16.01. When starting Firefox, the icon bounced for a while, it looked like it tried to start, but it quickly disappeared to be replaced with a Crash Report that in turn crashed after clicking report.
Every time this happens, the following happened.
3. KNotify reported a crash as well
4. MyComputer does not display any Disk Information
5. USB sticks, CD or DVD are not detected.
6. Reply by John VV to my post re one of the problems encountered http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...in-4175435019/
, there is a bug
I have been an openSuSE user since version 9 and have never ever come across any problems until the doomed day that I made the mistake of going from 11.4 to 12.2.
The experience was so bad that I am now combing thru this forum to ascertain which is the best & user-friendly alternative to SuSE.
Any comments and advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!